Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://cuir.car.chula.ac.th/handle/123456789/44447
Title: GENOME AND EXOME SEQUENCES OF MONOZYGOTIC TWINS WITH TRISOMY 21, DISCORDANT FOR A CONGENITAL HEART DEFECT
Other Titles: จีโนมและเอ็กโซมของแฝดแท้ที่เป็นไตรโซมี 21 แต่มีโรคหัวใจแต่กำเนิดในแฝดเพียงคนเดียว
Authors: Pongsathorn Chaiyasap
Advisors: Vorasuk Shotelersuk
Kanya Suphapeetiporn
Other author: Chulalongkorn University. Graduate School
Advisor's Email: vorasuk.s@chula.ac.th
Kanya.Su@Chula.ac.th
Subjects: จีโนมมนุษย์
กลุ่มอาการดาวน์
ความผิดปกติของโครโมโซม
แฝดร่วมไข่
ไตรโซมี
Human genome
Down syndrome
Chromosome abnormalities
Identical twins
Trisomy
Issue Date: 2014
Publisher: Chulalongkorn University
Abstract: Congenital heart defects (CHD) occur around 40% of individual with trisomy 21 while the remaining 60% have a structurally normal heart. This suggests that the extra copy of genes on chromosome 21 is a risk factor for abnormal heart development. Increased dosage of genes on chromosome 21 could interact with certain alleles of genes on other chromosomes and might contribute to CHD. Here, we identified a pair of Thai monozygotic twins with trisomy 21 but discordant for congenital heart defects. Twin-zygosity was confirmed to be monozygotic by microsatellite genotyping. We hypothesized that the discordant phenotype in these monozygotic twins could be resulted from post-twining mutation. Therefore, we applied next generation sequencing (NGS) technologies to sequence both genome and exome from their leukocytes DNA. The post-analysis of the sequencing data identified 15 discordant exonic variants between the twins. However, validation of all variants with conventional Sanger sequencing revealed no differences between both twins. Given that no discordant variants were found suggests that sequence differences of leukocytes’ DNA of monozygotic twins might be extremely rare. This also suggests the limitation of the current NGS technology in identifying causative genes for discordant phenotypes in monozygotic twins.
Other Abstract: ร้อยละ 40 ของผู้ป่วยกลุ่มอาการไตรโซมี 21 มีโรคหัวใจพิการแต่กำเนิด โดยร้อยละ 60 ที่เหลือจะมีโครงสร้างหัวใจปกติ การพบโรคหัวใจพิการแต่กำเนิดเพียงบางส่วนของผู้ป่วยนี้ บ่งว่าจำนวนชุดของยีนที่เพิ่มขึ้นบนโครโมโซมที่ 21 อาจมีปฏิสัมพันธ์กับอัลลีลของยีนบนโครโมโซมเส้นอื่นๆ ส่งผลให้ความเสี่ยงของการเกิดโรคหัวใจพิการแต่กำเนิดเพิ่มขึ้น ในงานวิจัยนี้เราได้ศึกษาผู้ป่วยแฝดแท้ที่เป็นไตรโซมี 21 ทั้งสองคน แต่พบโรคหัวใจบกพร่องแต่กำเนิดเพียงคนเดียว ผลการวิเคราะห์ไมโครแซทเทลไลท์ ยืนยันว่าแฝดคู่นี้เป็นแฝดเหมือน ผู้วิจัยตั้งสมมติฐานว่าการแสดงออกของโรคที่ต่างกันในแฝดคู่นี้น่าจะเกิดจากการกลายพันธุ์หลังไข่แยกตัวเป็นแฝด ดังนั้นผู้วิจัยจึงได้ใช้เทคโนโลยีเอ็นจีเอสซึ่งเป็นเครื่องวิเคราะห์หาลำดับสารพันธุกรรมในการศึกษาทั้งจีโนมและเอ็กโซมของดีเอ็นเอที่สกัดจากเลือดของแฝดคู่นี้ ผลการวิเคราะห์ข้อมูลลำดับพันธุกรรมแสดงให้เห็นตำแหน่งที่มีพันธุกรรมต่างกันระหว่างแฝดคู่นี้ 15 ตำแหน่ง อย่างไรก็ตามเมื่อได้ทำการตรวจสอบตำแหน่งพันธุกรรมเหล่านี้ด้วยวิธีการหาลำดับพันธุกรรมแบบแซงเกอร์โดยใช้สารพันธุกรรมจากเม็ดเลือดขาวพบว่าพันธุกรรมของแฝดคู่นี้ทั้ง 15 ตำแหน่งไม่แตกต่างกัน การที่ไม่พบพันธุกรรมที่ต่างกันนั้นบ่งชี้ว่าพันธุกรรมที่ต่างกันของแฝดเหมือนนั้นอาจพบได้น้อยมาก นอกจากนี้ยังชี้ให้เห็นถึงข้อจำกัดในการใช้เทคโนโลยีเอ็นจีเอสในการหายีนที่เป็นสาเหตุของการแสดงออกของโรคที่ต่างกันในแฝดเหมือน
Description: Thesis (Ph.D.)--Chulalongkorn University, 2014
Degree Name: Doctor of Philosophy
Degree Level: Doctoral Degree
Degree Discipline: Biomedical Sciences
URI: http://cuir.car.chula.ac.th/handle/123456789/44447
Type: Thesis
Appears in Collections:Grad - Theses

Files in This Item:
File Description SizeFormat 
5387847320.pdf2.6 MBAdobe PDFView/Open


Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.