The global changes in the 21
century affect Thailand’s society, especially Thai people.
Therefore, Thai people have to enhance themselves in the aspect of intellectual and integrity in order to
be social capital for the development of Thailand. In this regard, the important strategy to develop
human-beings is to build the learning community which suits to Thai people’s learning style.
Furthermore, the effective learning community has to go with the highly qualified lifelong education
management. The objectives of this research are to analyze and synthesize the philosophy, the concept,
and the principle of lifelong education for learning community and also to present the knowledge of the
philosophy, the concept, and the principle of lifelong education for learning community.
This study is qualitative research which is divided into two phases of study. The first one is the
analysis and the synthesis of the philosophy, the concept, and the principle of lifelong education for
learning community by reviewing the literature, studying the community model, and interviewing the
experts. Document analysis, observation form, and structured interview were employed as research
tools in this phase. The other one is the presentation of the knowledge of th e philosophy, the concept,
and the principle of lifelong education for learning community. The researchers organized the expert
group meeting in order to get useful feedback to improve the knowledge of the philosophy, the concept,
and the principle of lifelong education for learning community.
The findings are
The philosophy of lifelong education for learning community consists of four aspects:
1. The belief in potential of people and community
2. Learning is the change of the better people and community.
3. People and community can learn well when they get what they need.
4. Learning community can solve the difficulties which occur in the community.
The concept of lifelong education for learning community consists of four ideas:
1. People and community are able to learn based on their need and interest.
2. People can learn by themselves by using their own means and style including spending
learning time based on each person’s capability.
3. Learning can happen in anywhere and anytime and there are no boundaries of learning.
4. Learning should respond to people’s need and interest and it should not be against the
culture of community and society.
The principle of lifelong education for learning community is composed of twelve principles:
1. Systematic information study for learning
2. Collaborative learning
3. Simple learning according to the nature of the community
5. Community benefit-based
6. Holistic problem-based view
7. Holistic thinking
8. Taking action
9. Step-by-step action
11. Communication for understanding
12. Inside community strength by King Bhumibol Adulyadej